If you’re building a new home, or wanting to revamp your current home, consider updating your exterior lighting. Exterior lighting is a great way to provide light when you come home in the evenings, increase your security and safety, and be a light in your neighborhood. There are many exterior options out there depending on which type you’re looking for. To help guide you, here are your options.
- Wall Lights – Wall lights are wall-mounted lights, typically placed on either side of your garage and around your porch and front door as you prefer. Wall lights provide a great path when parking your car in the garage in the dark. There are a couple different options when it comes to wall lights.
- LED – LED lights is a higher rated and brighter bulb that illuminates the exterior of your home.
- Motion Sensor – Motion sensor lights typically stay turned off, and then switch on when they detect some sort of motion. This is a great option if you aren’t wanting to leave your exterior lights on all evening but want light if someone walks by for security.
- Ceiling/Porch Lights – Around your porch and front entrance area, you’ll want some sort of lighting to guide the path to your front door. It’s common to either have wall mounted lights on either side of your door, a hanging chandelier above the entrance, or both.
- Landscape Lights – Landscape lights are commonly placed along your sprinkler system or trimming your yard. Landscape lights are an excellent option if you want to make sure your yard is being irrigated properly, or you want your lawn lit up for entertaining.
- String Lights – If you love to entertain or enjoy your backyard at night, consider string lights to light up your lawn. Don’t let the sunset stop your outdoor fun!
We hope this guide will help you choose the right exterior lighting for you. If you have any questions regarding exterior lighting and the services we provide, please contact us at Mabe’s Electrical and Home Improvement today!